|Version 9 (modified by firstname.lastname@example.org, 6 years ago) (diff)|
Build Instructions for the QtWebKit build on Windows
First of all you need a version of Qt for Windows. If you are an Open Source developer then you can for example download the Open Source Edition of Qt for Windows from the Trolltech Website: http://trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt/windows
The following external GNU tools are needed from the GnuWin32 Project:
- LibIconv (needed for bison)
In addition you need Perl. ActiveState Perl works fine for example. You can download it from the ActivePerl Website.
Make sure the GnuWin32 packages are in your PATH as well as Perl. You also need to have %QTDIR% set and have %QTDIR%\bin in your PATH.
Please note that building inside Cygwin is currently not supported.
- Open for example a Qt Command Prompt from the Start Menu
- Change into the WebKit source tree
- Run perl WebKitTools\Scripts\build-webkit
- Wait :)
Notes about building QtWebKit with the Qt/Windows OpenSource Edition
- Make sure that you are using a very recent snapshot of Qt 4.3.1. Otherwise you may run into build problems with the Moc at the very end of the build process.
- If you haven't set up your PATH already to include the GnuWin32 packages then you may want to execute the following command: set PATH=C:\Program Files\GnuWin32\bin;C:\Perl\bin;%PATH% Provided that the GnuWin32 packages are installed in C:\GnuWin32\bin and Perl in C:\Perl\bin.