|Version 1 (modified by firstname.lastname@example.org, 7 years ago) (diff)|
Current Goals for Implementing MathML
MathML support is currently being prepared as a patch to the code. There is one existing patch that uses CSS and provides some parsing support but the CSS may be insufficient for render many MathML constructs.
A new patch will be available and linked from here that supports direct rendering of MathML using WebCore's internals.
Support for the following elements will initially be provided by this patch:
- Presentation Markup:
- without any support for class or sytle manipulations necessarily working (i.e. no guarantees)
- Token Elements:
- basic support for the 'mathsize' attribute (see Mathematics style attributes common to token elements).
- mi w/o any other attributes than mathsize.
- mn w/o any other attributes than mathsize.
- mo w/o any other attributes than mathsize.
- mtext w/o any other attributes than mathsize.
- General Layout Schemata:
- Script and Limit Schemata:
- msub w/o support for the 'subscriptshift' attribute
- msup w/o support for the 'superscriptshift' attribute
- msubsup w/o support for the 'subscriptshift' or 'superscriptshift' attributes
- munder w/o support for the 'accentunder' attribute
- mover w/o support for the 'accent' attribute
- munderover w/o support for the 'accent' or 'accentunder' attributes
- Tables and Matrices: