What is accelerated compositing?
- Mapping certain elements on the page into bitmaps
- Maintaining painting order
- Moving/transforming those bitmaps
- Mapping to hardware
How is this different from hardware-accelerated drawing?
- It's based on bitmaps, not acceleration of all drawing commands (c.f. IE9's drawing)
How is it implemented?
- Via GraphicsLayer
- Relies in platform 3D/GPU framework
How can I avoid breaking it?
- Don't assume that all painting happens from the root (repaint containers)
- Don't rely on painting to do other work
Download in other formats: