QtWebKit Test Procedures
This is a work-in-progress page with test procedures for QtWebKit.
Smoke Test (simple, high-level test)
A smoke test is used to make sure the standard features are working on a particular build of QtWebKit. The QtWebKitCheckList wiki page has a procedure we're running every week on trunk.
- Build against current stable Qt
- Build against the previous stable Qt
- Test Qt demos based on QtWebKit
- TODO: list of demos, links
- Test the QML webbrowser demo
- TODO: links
WebKit has thousand of automated tests in place. Below are instructions on how to run them.
WebKit Layout tests
- Use the QtWebKit Builder and Tester Virtual Machine. If you prefer to setup your own environment (hint: you probably don't), follow the instructions from QtWebKitContrib#Runningthetests
- Just run python Tools/Scripts/run-qtwebkit-tests <your build dir> to run the tests from WebKit/qt/tests
Other test resources
- Lots of testcases from WebCore/manual-tests/ can be run manually inside the QtTestBrowser