Welcome to the S60WebKit Project!
During 2005, Nokia's S60 browser development team ported WebKit to the S60 platform. The S60WebKit project was born and from the S60 3rd edition onwards, S60WebKit is the engine behind the new Web Browser for S60.
S60WebKit brought many improvements to the reliability and performance of the Web Browser for S60, and in 2006 Nokia made the decision to contribute back by opening S60WebKit development.
Which Devices use S60WebKit?
The S60 port WebKit is the rendering engine behind the S60 browser shipped with any S60 3rd Edition device. You can see a list of supported devices, as well as an online demo, here.
It's easy to get started with S60WebKit:
- Firstly, you'll need to configure your computer
- You can then checkout and build the source. You can also browse the latest source through the web. comment by Kenny YU: Note, however, that according to the information, 21772 is the latest stable revision.
- When you're up and running, check out Reindeer, a completely open browser that sits on top of S60WebKit
Once you're up and running, we'd love you to get involved:
- Found a bug with S60WebKit? Do you have a cool idea you'd like to share? Then let us know!
- Our projects page has some ideas about how S60WebKit could evolve
Want to get in touch? Your ideas, questions and feedback are appreciated!
We use a lot of the same communication channels as the rest of the WebKit project:
- We keep a close eye on the WebKit mailing list, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can sign up for the list here
- You'll find quite a few of the S60WebKit contributors active in channel #webkit on the FreeNode IRC network (irc.freenode.net)
- You can also get in touch with us directly through S60WebKit@nokia.com